We haven't published development digests for almost a month, since we mostly did administrative issues, like getting into Gentoo repos, and such. Nevertheless, there is a bunch of changes:
- Acetamide now supports configuring channels, including chanmods, banlist, except list and invite list.
- Added support for
/say command in Acetamide.
- Support the "Important" tags for items in Aggregator.
- Frames with ads are also hidden now in Poshuku CleanWeb.
- Added support for running external commands in AdvancedNotifications.
- Speed up Aggregator BodyFetch by orders of magnitude by caching scripts.
KeepAllTags() getter in Aggregator BodyFetch supported scripting API.
- Poshuku CleanWeb now supports the
third-party attribute in filter lists.
- Optimized Poshuku CleanWeb a bit: plain strings are matched using plain string matching algorithms instead of wildcard matching.
- Allow to load default rules set in AdvancedNotifications.
- Finally AdvancedNotifications is considered stable enough for the save procedure to be uncommented.
- Draw own avatar and protocol icon in Azoth's contact list.
- Automatically fix channel names in Acetamide by prepending
# if it's not present.
/leave command in Azoth.
- Added "Quote" action in Azoth.
- Show free space in BitTorrent when adding files.
- Moved data processing back to main thread in Aggregator BodyFetch, thus some thread-related bugs in QtWebKit don't occur anymore.
- A whole class of bugs has been fixed, when an object mentioned in a notification was already deleted by the time the user activates the notificaton.
- Handle self vcards correctly in Azoth Xoox.
- Correctly handle content resend errors in Poshuku.
- Some micro improvements in Azoth: dynamically detect rename ability, respect lack of MUC support in protocols, don't suggest registering with "Metacontacts" protocol.
- Fixed support for notifying about each conference message from Azoth in AdvancedNotifications.
- Fixed handling of the Ctrl+C shortcut in Azoth.
- Fixed FlashOnClick in Poshuku CleanWeb.
- Fixed ordering of links in Azoth p100q.
- Fixed dependencies calculation in Core.
- Optimized contact list delegate in Azoth.
- Lots of fixes in Acetamide.
- Show localized plugin descriptions in Core plugin manager.
- Migrated to new signal/slot-style hooks in Core.
- Initial support for Qt 4.8.
Plugins for site mirroring (Otzerkalu) and libvlc-based media player are also in progress, but they are currently not merged in the master branch. And maybe the first one, Otzerkalu, would be in the 0.5 release.
We've also begun considering implementing the VFS and dashboard in LeechCraft. But unfortunately since current support for VFS implementations in Qt is declared deprecated and nothing has been proposed instead, the VFS development is currently halted.
While it's all clear what VFS should be, things are a bit more complicated with the dashboard. The best analogue of it among the already-existing and stable projects is possibly KDE's Plasma workspace. What we are currently thinking about is a plugin that allows to open tabs populated with different widgets written in either QML or plain-old-good C++ (or, of course, Python and other scripting languages supported by LC). There will be a whole news item dedicated to dashboard things soon.