Today LeechCraft 0.5.70 «Hessian Blade» is released!
The most significant change since the previous release is the all-new rewritten LMP media player, which specializes on audio and is collection-oriented. For now quite basic functions are implemented, present in most other players, like, well, local collection, static and dynamic playlists (like "50 random tracks"), support for external playlists in pls, xspf and m3u8 formats, and different playback modes, like sequential, shuffled and track/album/playlist repeat.
With modules like LastFMScrobble LMP supports scrobbling listened tracks to Last.FM (and possibly other similar services), fetching missing album covers and requests for similar artists. It also can use search modules to automatically fetch lyrics for currently playing song.
Some screenshots of LMP:
The following is planned in the nearest future:
- Support for hardware (USB-pluggable) players and synchronization with them.
- Support for audio streams and things like Last.FM radio.
- Integration with our RSS feed reader, Aggregator, for full support for podcasts.
- Fetching of personalized recommendations from Last.FM and similar services.
- Automatic fetching of tabulatures.
- Tags editor.
Some help would be needed for implementing support for hardware players, from platform-dependend things to testing different devices.
Among other changes the following can be noted:
- Core: "back"/"forward" mouse buttons make tabs switching.
- In the AdvancedNotifications module, responsible for rule-based advanced notifications, QML template and a couple of memory leaks were fixed.
- In our modular IM client Azoth:
- added support for /kick and /ban commands,
- smiles aren't replaced anymore in the middle of the words;
- added support for hiding and disabling accounts.
- Azoth Autopaste module which automatically pastes long texts to pastebins was migrated to the codepad.org service due to paste.pocoo.org's death.
- Azoth p100q which adds support for the psto.net microblogging service is now more compatible with Adium themes.
- Azoth Xoox, our XMPP protocol implementation, now supports adding, editing and removing phones and emails, and some MUC reconnection issues were fixed.
- Azoth Vader module, the Mail.Ru Agent protocol implementation, now supports assigning phone numbers to contacts, and some problems with authorization handling were fixed.
- Visual notifications provider Kinotify now doesn't show notifications if a fullscreen application is active. This helps to distract the user less if he's playing a game or watching a movie. For now it works only on Win32, and Xlib contributions are welcome!
Packages and builds for supported distros and OSes will be available soon. Watch your package manager or our download page!
As always, feature requests and bug reports are welcome, and we will be happy to get any help — from code (like hardware players support) to translations and artwork!